Deepali has extensive experience working with senior management of international clients, including Fortune 500 companies, U.S. public companies, and ultra-high net worth individuals. She has a deep knowledge of U.S. Federal Income Tax, with extensive understanding of U.S. International reporting and accounting principles.
Deepali’s most recent long-term engagement included the operational management of the International Tax and Transfer Pricing function of a U.S. multinational organization. Previously, Deepali was a manager with Frank Hirth Plc in London for six years, and left KPMG as a manager after being there for six years.
Deepali has the following skill sets:
- Producing accurate and timely income tax returns with international tax treaty issues such as sourcing of income and foreign tax credits
- Filing and preparation of international forms 5471, 8865 and 8858, while considering Subpart F and PFIC issues
- Preparation of Transition Tax and an understanding of recent U.S. tax reform legislation such as GILTI, FDII and BEAT
- Understanding of Transfer Pricing BEPS requirements
- Management of cross-border intercompany transactions and agreements
- Analysis of multinational legal entity structures to repatriate funds in a tax efficient manner
- Tax due diligence involving M&A activities and internal restructurings including legal entity simplification initiatives
Federal & State Tax
- Prepare and review tax provisions and produce workpapers to support tax positions
- Review federal and state income tax returns for individuals, partnerships and corporations
- Analyze fixed assets and depreciation reports for tax compliance
- Experience with Tax and Accounting software packages
In addition to having her CPA license, Deepali has her UK Associate of Tax Technicians (ATT) from the United Kingdom. She received her Masters in Taxation and her BBA in Accounting from Georgia State University.