Desiree Harkins has over 15 years of experience as tax professional. She has worked in Big 4 public accounting, industry, and as Senior Manager to one of the best law firms in the world. This knowledge allows her to provide extensive skills when handling wide-ranging tax projects and strong management within a tax department.
Senior Tax Manager, Weil Gotshal & Manges LLP
- Managed 10-Q and 10-K US GAAP accounting for income and worldwide effective tax rate (ETR).
- Managed special projects related to domestic tax compliance, planning and reporting tax credits, 280G computations, imputed income, tax cash flow and tax rate analysis.
- Managed the return preparation process, training staff, researching and documenting tax positions, quarterly estimates, projections, etc.
- Managed audits ranging from international to state while coordinating with the IRS, planning the audit, responding to requests and preparing formal communications.
- Provided support and review of corporate and partnership Federal and State income tax returns for large multinational, mid-size corporations, and their partners.
- Desiree has experience working with treasury departments and planning on cash flow from income taxes on a quarterly basis. Fixed Asset depreciation imputation using SAGE Fixed Assets (FAS) software.
- Prepared and maintained Sarbanes-Oxley documentation to ensure compliance. She was responsible for ensuring all Tax Department SOX controls are met for all financial statement filings.