Carolyn has extensive experience with international, Federal and state compliance and planning, including experience in both Big 4 public accounting and large corporate tax departments. To help you further evaluate her abilities, here is a listing of Carolyn’s experience:
- Managed international compliance process (Forms 5471, 8858, 1118) and coordinated the work among U.S. team, outside providers, and foreign subsidiaries in over 15 countries.
- Reviewed and coordinated quarterly and annual income tax provision packages provided by the foreign countries.
- Analyzed and explained changes in tax attributes, deferred tax assets and liabilities, and valuation allowances as provided by foreign countries.
- Prepared and reviewed quarterly international effective tax rate calculations; working closely with VP International Tax on this process.
- Reviewed the transfer pricing documentation provided by foreign teams that was used in U.S. transfer pricing, including having participated in a worldwide task force to improve transfer pricing information gathering across finance/accounting/tax departments.
- Reviewed foreign tax credit calculations and Form 1118 for U.S. consolidated income tax return. Was the main contact person for Central and South American entities of the Company and conducted business conference calls in Spanish with foreign/U.S. teams.
FEDERAL AND STATE TAX
- Prepared and reviewed large-scale consolidated federal and state tax returns, including heavy corporate compliance experience, with some partnership experience.
- Filed state income and franchise returns and payments of tax liabilities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Detailed the preparation of state apportionment, including having retrieved and analyzed information from Oracle and Hyperion, and made adjustments as necessary to import into tax software.
- Calculated blended rate on a quarterly basis for tax accounting and assisted in FIN 48 documentation.
Carolyn has over 9 years of tax experience. Her former employers include PricewaterhouseCoopers, Wendy’s/Arby’s Group and Equifax.
Carolyn is a graduate of the University of Florida.