Susan Brown’s services are focused on state taxation, including significant experience assisting companies with the design and implementation of state tax planning projects. Susan has over 16 years of Big 4 public accounting firm experience serving large multi-national corporations. To help you further evaluate Susan’s abilities, the following is a list of projects/services she has performed:
- Design and Implementation of State Tax Planning Projects: Susan has assisted Fortune 500 companies with the implementation of state tax planning projects, including corporate reorganizations. Susan has extensive experience assisting companies with corporate reorganizations and understands the non-tax issues associated with a corporate reorganization (i.e., she is comfortable working with clients’ accounting, risk management, treasury, information systems, human resources, legal and payroll departments as well as clients’ outside legal counsel and payroll processors).
- Federal and State Tax Compliance: These projects included preparation of Federal and state income tax returns for corporations, partnerships and individuals.
- Federal and State Tax Research: Susan is experienced in conducting Federal and state tax research and has served clients in numerous industries including financial services, telecom, real estate, retail, and manufacturing.
- Project Management Services: Susan has led numerous projects which demonstrates her project management skills, her ability to work as a consultant within a tax department, and her ability to interact with corporate departments outside of tax. Susan has led numerous implementations involving corporate reorganizations to reduce state taxes. For three years (while working for a Big 4 Firm), Susan led a team of 30 professionals located in India and 12 located in the United States that provided intelligence and support to the tax practice.
- Implementation of Federal and State Research and Development Tax Credit Projects: This involved identification and documentation of qualified research activities, determining appropriate methodology upon which to calculate the credit and quantifying the federal and state research and development tax credits.
- Transactional Tax Analysis: These projects involved analyzing various transactional taxes (e.g., sales and use & real estate transfer) that could be triggered as a result of a corporate reorganization.
Susan has over 16 years of Big 4 work experience between her time spent with Ernst & Young, LLP and Deloitte Tax, LLP.
Susan is a graduate of Georgia Institute of Technology and obtained a Masters of Taxation from Georgia State University.