Leigh Alberici has over 20 years of experience as a tax professional. Her experience includes both Big 4 public accounting and industry with a focus on Federal and state tax compliance, tax accounting and audit support. This experience provides Leigh with extensive, hands-on experience and an excellent understanding of a corporate tax department’s processes and procedures. To help you further evaluate her abilities, the following list includes projects/services that Leigh has performed:
- Federal, International and State Tax Compliance: Leigh has extensive experience preparing and reviewing corporate Federal and state income tax returns for large multinational and mid-size corporations. Her experience includes, preparation of quarterly estimates and extensions, research and documentation of tax positions, detailed preparation of state apportionment, retrieving data from Oracle and Hyperion, and importing and reviewing data in tax software. Leigh also assisted with process improvement initiatives as needed.
- Tax Provision Preparation: Leigh’s ASC 740 experience includes provision rate analysis, monthly provision booking, and income tax footnote preparation for the quarterly and annual reports.
- Management of Federal and State Audits: Leigh’s experience includes management of Federal and State audits including, coordinating with the IRS, planning the audit, responding to requests, negotiating settlements of audit issues and preparing formal communications for the IRS. In addition, Leigh has managed state audits, including both unitary and single state audits.
- Tax Accounting Related to Acquisitions: Leigh has assisted the VP of tax with opening balance sheet calculations and purchase accounting entries related to acquisitions.
- SOX and Internal Controls: Leigh has extensive experience preparing and maintaining Sarbanes-Oxley documentation to ensure compliance.
- Federal and State Tax Research: Leigh is experienced in conducting Federal and state tax research and has served clients in numerous industries including telecom, consumer products, and technology.
- Project Management Services: Leigh has been involved in numerous projects which demonstrate her project management skills and her ability to work within a corporate tax environment. These projects include supervising staff, working with the VP of Tax on significant tax issues and managing the tax return preparation process as well as the external tax preparers.
Prior to joining Steele Consulting, Leigh worked at PwC, Deloitte, Cingular Wireless, and Per Se Technologies.
Leigh is a graduate of State University of New York at Geneseo.