Leigh Alberici has over 10 years of experience as a tax professional. Her experience includes both Big 4 tax consulting and industry with a focus on FAS 109, tax compliance and partnership taxation. Her most recent experience has been focused on tax compliance and audit support at two major Atlanta companies. To help you further evaluate her abilities, the following list includes projects/services that Leigh has performed:
- Federal, International and State Tax Compliance: These projects included preparation of Federal, state and local income and franchise tax returns.
- Tax Provision Preparation: This activity included provision rate analysis, monthly provision booking, and income tax footnote preparation for the quarterly and annual reports.
- Management of Federal and State Audits: This activity included coordinating with the IRS, planning the audit, negotiating settlements of audit issues and preparing formal communications for the IRS. In addition, Leigh has handled state audits, including both unitary and single state audits.
- Tax Accounting Related to Acquisitions: Leigh has assisted the V.P. of tax with opening balance sheet calculations and purchase accounting entries related to acquisitions.
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance: Leigh has extensive experience preparing and maintaining Sarbanes-Oxley documentation to ensure compliance.
- Federal and State Tax Research: Leigh is experienced in conducting Federal and state tax research and has served clients in numerous industries including telecom, consumer products, and technology.
- Project Management Services: Leigh has been involved in a number of projects which demonstrate her project management skills and her ability to work within a corporate tax environment. These projects include supervising staff, working with the VP of Tax on significant tax issues and managing the tax return preparation process as well as the external tax preparers.
In the past year, Leigh has principally performed consulting services for Wendy’s/Arby’s Group. Prior to joining Steele Consulting in 2008 Leigh worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte & Touche, Cingular Wireless, and Per Se Technologies.
Leigh is a graduate of State University of New York at Geneseo.