Darian Bilski has over 10 years of experience as a tax professional, working in Big 4 and other consulting firms while acquiring broad industry experience. Her assignments have focused largely on state and local income tax (including state and local tax compliance, research, process development, planning and implementation), sales and use tax compliance, and state tax incentive projects.
- Design and Implementation of State Tax Planning Projects: Darian has assisted Fortune 500 companies with the implementation of state tax planning projects, including corporate reorganizations. Darian has extensive experience assisting companies with corporate reorganizations and understands the non-tax issues associated with a corporate reorganization (i.e., she is comfortable working with clients’ accounting, risk management, treasury, information systems, human resources, legal and payroll departments as well as clients’ outside legal counsel and payroll processors).
- Federal and State Tax Compliance: These projects included preparing federal and state income tax returns for corporations, partnerships and individuals, as well as amending returns for NOL carryback claims. Darian has also assisted with state audits by coordinating with state auditors, modeling exposure, and responding to IDRs.
- Federal and State Tax Research: Darian has extensive experienced conducting Federal and state tax research and has served clients in numerous industries including financial services, telecom, real estate, retail, and manufacturing.
- Sale and Use Tax: Darian has experience ensuring processes, sales and use tax databases and software modules resulted in accurate tax treatment of client transactions. In addition, Darian has experience preparing and reviewing sales and use tax returns and evaluating sales and use tax software. Darian also successfully implemented a sales and use tax voluntary disclosure agreement with multiple states which resulted in $300,000 of saving.
- Credits and Incentives: Darian has experience in securing statutory state and local tax incentives for clients, including property and sales tax abatements, cash grants, training incentives, and job creation income tax credits.
In the past year, Darian has principally performed consulting services for SunTrust and Turner Broadcasting. Prior to joining Steele Consulting in 2009, Darian spent most of her career with Ernst and Young and Thompson Reuters. She has over 10 years of experience in tax.
Darian received her Bachelor of Science from the University of Alabama (Accounting degree) and her Masters of Accountancy from the University of Tennessee.