Snapshot and Years of Experience
Joelle Celestin has over 7 years of experience as a tax professional. Joelle’s background includes a strong focus on domestic, international, and state tax compliance. She has worked specifically with financial service clients while practicing at a BIG 4 public accounting firm. Joelle is also proficient in French.
Domestic, International, & State Tax Compliance
- Management of the full compliance process related to federal and state tax returns.
- Preparation and review of Forms 1120, 1120-RIC, 1065, and other related
- Determine proper disclosures and filings related to Sale of a Partnership Interest, Form 926, Form 8621, Forms 5471, 8858 and 8865, Section 163j, Section 199A, UBTI, ECI and Passive Income.
- Calculation of foreign withholding requirements and preparation of related forms (i.e. Forms 1042 & 8804)
- Allocation of income per LPA for various fund structures.
- Perform required testing on financial products including wash sales, REITs, PFICs and foreign currency contracts.
Tax Planning, Leadership, and Project Management
- Tax department personnel management and training.
- Research tax technical issues related to emerging tax laws to advise and plan for the implications on U.S. transactions
- Coordination and collaboration with other functions within firms to leverage experience to best plan and complete tax workpapers.