Virna Alvarez has extensive experience with Federal and state compliance and tax technology in large corporate tax departments. To help you further evaluate her abilities, here is a listing of Virna’s experience:
FEDERAL AND STATE COMPLIANCE
- Prepared federal consolidated and separate proforma corporate tax returns and workpapers; Assisted with e-filing; some partnership experience.
- Prepared and reviewed state and city tax returns and workpapers.
- Detailed preparation of state apportionment, retrieving data from Oracle and Hyperion, and making adjustments as necessary to import into tax software.
- Assisted with the preparation of fixed assets roll forwards, estimated and extension payments.
- Assisted with state and local audits, notices, refunds and payment logs.
- Assisted with process improvement initiatives as needed.
- Prepared documentation and worked with auditors to ensure compliance with SOX controls.
- Prepared account reconciliations for deferred taxes.
- Prepared book to tax adjustments for the year-end provision
TAX TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
- Experienced with OneSource Income Tax and Corptax tax preparation softwares.
- Worked with IT and Accounting departments to develop reporting tools in Oracle to automate the preparation of state apportionment data to upload into OneSource.
- Created reporting tools in SAP to automate the download of domestic and international data into Corptax.
- Maintained and administered tax operating systems such as OneSource and Corptax.
RECENT EMPLOYERS & ENGAGEMENTS
Virna has over 10 years of tax experience. Her former employers include The Wendy’s Company and Coca-Cola Enterprises. Since 2012, Virna has performed consulting services for Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. and Veritiv Corporation.
Virna earned a B.S. in Accounting and Master of Business Administration concentration in Taxation.