Sue has over 20 years of experience in corporate taxation, including experience with Federal, state and local and tax accounting. Most recently, she has focused on state income tax and state franchise tax including compliance, provision, FIN48/FAS5 analysis and audit defense. Sue is also experienced with successfully integrating tax departments due to acquisitions/mergers. To help you further evaluate her abilities, the following is a list of recent roles and services Sue has performed:
- Indirect Tax: Sue has managed all aspects of the sales & use tax function as well as the excise tax compliance process including: providing data for return preparation, issuing exemption certificates, audit defense, and responding to requests and notices from taxing authorities.
- Tax Compliance: Sue managed all aspects of the state income tax compliance function, including quarterly estimate and extension calculations, consolidated/unitary and separate company returns with an emphasis on tax minimization.
- Tax Provision: Sue has been responsible for monitoring state legislation and determining the impact on state taxes, including state provision. She has also been responsible for managing current and deferred state effective rate calculations.
- Tax Planning: Sue identified FIN48 issues, prepared corresponding technical analysis and determined the relevant risk level. Sue executed numerous tax planning projects, including a reorganization strategy to maximize net operating loss utilization.
- Audit Defense: Sue has been responsible for the management of state tax controversies, including responding to information documentation requests, meetings with auditors/supervisors to resolve issues, NPA analysis, appeals, proposal of settlement offers based on risk assessments and litigation.
- Tax Research: Sue has completed many tax research projects including: determining the taxability of products, updating tax decision matrixes, and monitoring systems and processes to ensure that required information is available for reporting and audit purposes.
Sue’s prior employers include Pulte Group, Inc. and Ernst & Young, LLP.
Sue graduated from Walsh College with a Bachelor’s of Science in Accounting.