Maries’ services utilize her significant experience with tax compliance, tax accounting, and day-to-day activities of the compliance function. She has practiced at large multi-national corporations and Big 4 public accounting firms for more than 13 years. This experience provides Marie with extensive, hands-on experience and an excellent understanding of a corporate tax department’s processes and procedures. To help you further evaluate her abilities, the following list includes projects/services that Marie has performed:
- Federal and State Tax Compliance: These projects included preparation and review of corporate Federal and state income tax returns for large multinational and mid-size corporations. In addition to preparing returns, Marie serves in roles managing the return preparation process, training staff, and reviewing returns, researching and documenting tax positions, quarterly estimates, projections, etc.
- Tax Accounting: Marie has substantial experience preparing and reviewing calculations for all aspects of income tax accounting including provisions, effective tax rates, rate reconciliations, rollforwards, and footnote support.
- Temporary Tax Manager: These projects involved functioning as the tax manager on a temporary basis while companies conducted searches for permanent managers as well as training and transitioning to the permanent manager after a permanent employee is hired.
- Design and Implementation of Process Improvements: These projects typically include reviewing current processes and implementing improvements, such as creating standardized workpaper packages to facilitate the compliance process, or utilizing advance features of Excel, Hyperion, and OneSource to automate certain aspect of existing processes, and in some cases developing new processes.
- Fixed Asset Software Implementation: Marie has managed the implementation of new tax fixed asset software which included working with the corporate fixed asset department to gather information, reviewing data prior to implementation for completeness and accuracy, and analyzing and reconciling the results of the implementation, while taking into consideration purchase accounting, short periods, new legislation and industry specific depreciation rules. These projects also involved training corporate staff on the use of the software and developing processes for both the corporate fixed assets department and the tax department to use in maintaining the tax fixed assets records.
In the past year, Marie has principally performed consulting services for Wendy’s\Arby’s. Prior to joining Steele Consulting in 2006, Marie worked for Coca-Cola Enterprises and Deloitte.
Marie is a graduate of New York University’s Stern School of Business.