Frank Priest’s services utilize his significant tax accounting experience covering international operations, multi-state operations, business combinations, uncertain tax positions, and share-based compensation. He has practiced at large multi-national corporations and Big 4 public accounting firms for more than 30 years. This experience provides Frank with extensive, hands-on experience and an excellent understanding of a corporate tax department’s processes and procedures. To help you further evaluate his abilities, the following list includes projects/services that Frank has performed:
1. Tax Accounting: Frank has extensive experience leading the tax accounting function for the nation’s leading transportation company and the world’s third largest quick-service hamburger company. Frank has a proven record for success in process improvement, automated solutions, and corporate reorganizations. He has been responsible for the financial reporting of income taxes included in the annual, quarterly and other periodic SEC filings.
2. ASC 740-10 (formerly FIN 48): Frank has experience leading the analysis and documentation of uncertain tax positions. Frank has developed and implemented tools and processes to manage the inventory of Federal and state uncertain tax positions.
3. SOX and Other Internal Controls: Frank has directed compliance with SOX and other internal controls governing the accounting for income taxes.
4. OneSource Tax Provision: Frank has implemented OneSource Tax Provision to improve the timing and accuracy of the tax accounting function and to ensure SOX compliance.
5. IRS Audits and Appeals: Frank has experience managing IRS audits and successfully settling audits related to US Federal consolidated returns. In addition, he has experience settling audits related to pre-close periods of acquired entitles.
Prior to joining Steele Consulting, Frank worked for The Wendy’s Company, CSX Corporation, Coca-Cola Enterprises and KPMG Peat Marwick.
Frank is a graduate of Florida State University with a B.S. in Accounting.