Betsy Baker has over 20 years of Federal Tax Accounting, Compliance, Audits and Planning experience in a variety of industries. She has implemented tax initiatives while working with operations and finance, and she has managed extensive projects, including coordination with internal and external team members. To help you further evaluate her abilities, Betsy has performed the following:
- Federal Income Tax: Betsy managed the federal income tax accounting quarterly and annual provision process utilizing OneSource Tax Provision software.
- International Tax: She has reviewed annual foreign income tax provisions and return to provision calculations prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Compliance: Betsy has extensive experience managing the preparation and review of corporate and partnership compliance, utilizing a combination of internal and external advisors for a Fortune 500 multinational group.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: During her time in industry, Betsy was actively involved in acquisitions from due diligence to integration, including analyses of transaction costs and other issues with reverse acquisition rules.
- Audit Defense: Betsy has a strong understanding of IRS practice and procedure, including coordinating the IRS income tax audit and related assessments.
Most recently, Betsy served as a Tax Director at Quintiles IMS in Durham, NC. Betsy also has BIG 4 experience with Deloitte and PwC.
Betsy earned her undergraduate degree in accounting from Louisiana Tech University and her Master’s of Business Administration with a focus in Tax and Finance from The University of Texas at Austin.